Wednesday, October 11, 2006

This afternoon I went with Sarah, Miss Kay, Ansel, and Andy to the U.S. Air Force recruit office. Sarah learned more about the Air Force, took a pre-ASFAB test, and scheduled an appointment for tomorrow with the recruiter we had been talking to. I'm thinking that she's really going to do this and I'm definitely happy for her. I would actually consider doing this if I didn't already have some goals and some direction for my future. The programs sound really good...good educational programs, good training, and good money. Talking with the recruiter was interesting. We found out that Sarah can't really choose any college she wants to go to. She can get college credits on the base, or she can go to one or two of the Air Force colleges they have. Something like that. This week has taken an interesting turn of events, to say the least. Even just a few months ago it probably would've seemed absurd for Sarah to really be considering this. I would totally consider this if I didn't want to go to college and go on to other things.
I just voted for what I think Toby's new record should be titled. The three options were:

*Portable Sounds
*The Color of We
*Feelin' So Fly

I voted for "Portable Sounds." "The Color of We" had the most votes. Toby's releasing his first single soon!!

No comments: