Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Frustrated and phlegmatic...

Um...I now have no roommate. My basketball-playing roommate decided it would be best to room with another basketball player. I am frustrated that I have to find a new roommate. If I am not able to obtain one, I will have to pay lots of money and sign a crummy Private Room Agreement. I'm also afraid that I'm going to get a psycho person for my new roommate. At least my old one was cool. In addition to my roommate dilemma, I got a call from the number 000-000-0000 yesterday, at a time when I was not able to answer my phone. I later checked my voicemail. The aforementioned caller was a HSU staff member. She said in her message that the MicroFridge my old roommate and I attempted to reserve for our dorm room was not available. The staff member said to "make other arrangements for a refrigerator." (MicroFridges are nifty. Go to http://www.microfridge.com.) I am a bit frustrated.

I think I have decided on the tuxedo black color for my laptop. My gift registry project was successful, in my opinion. I raised $137.49. That more than pays for my printer. I am grateful to my family and friends who contributed.

Kevin Garnett got traded! YES!!! Last year during draft time, I remember a remark I wrote on one of my posts here. Something like, "free this man from his prison!" The opportunity to play with basketball greats and future hall-of-famers Paul Pierce and Ray Allen in Boston is huge. I just want to say that I really liked the Celtics a few years ago. I still like them, but my affinity for them has not been as great because they haven't had any sort of identity. I am a Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen fan, so I am excited.

Today I read a book called Positive Personality Profiles. I have touched on the different personalities in school: choleric, sanguine, phlegmatic, and melancholy. This book took the same personalities and gave them different titles: D, I, S, and C.

"D's" are equivalent to cholerics. They are driving, dominating, out-going and task-oriented individuals. They can get in your face.

"I's" = sanguines. They are inspiring, easy-going, out-going and people-oriented. They sometimes have problems because they want to talk instead of getting work done.

"S's" are phlegmatics. They are reserved, people-pleasing, easy to get along with, shy, and people-oriented. They want to be appreciated by others.

"C's" are melancholics. They are cautious and careful. They are perfectionists. They don't like to take risks. They are reserved and task-oriented.


Anyway, I find the four temperaments very interesting. 80% of people have more than one temperament. Most people have one dominant temperament and then at least one other supporting temperament. I will probably have much more to say on this topic in the future. I hope it isn't bad to write about three unrelated topics in the same post.

No comments: