Sunday, January 21, 2007

Desperate tobyMac fans

Portable Sounds is coming in one month from yesterday!! YEAH!!!!

Sarah and I made a trip to Best Buy on Thursday and I asked one of the workers if he could look up the album and check if the store would be carrying it the day it came out. It took him forever to find it and he kept frowning and shaking his head like the answer would be no, they wouldn't be carrying it. I was like, "If y'all aren't carrying it, can you order a copy?" Finally he said, "February 20th?" in a tone that hinted towards the answer I hoped for. He then confirmed that Best Buy would be carrying the album on February 20th.

Chicago just pounded New Orleans. It's too bad cause N.O. totally had a shot at winning, down just 16-14 before Chicago took over. It's strange to think that there could be a Chicago-Indianapolis matchup in the Super Bowl. Eww...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Heya, thanks for the comment =)

Yeah, I have technorati and whatnot so it shows all the other sites that link to me, so usually I pay them a visit and if they're cool I link them back. I've stopped over every so often too, I'm a silent reader as well - and for awhile you didn't update your blog until recently. I had to comment about Kevin Max though because I have read up a lot about him and he's one of my favorite singers, and always makes for an interesting case study, lol. I didn't know he was adopted though...or maybe I did but forgot. He also has written several poetry books, was in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and is set to film a movie called Soupernatural, which looks interesting. In fact, I've been itching to interview him, I really want to someday. I work for this site called IndieVision Music, so that might be a venue that he'd be willing to talk to. Or not. *shrug* We'll see.

But yeah, agreed, if you don't like someone, you should at least give a substantial reason why!

The band is slowly forming...I've got a drumkit in mind that's about $800...so I want me and Alex, the guy who will be drumming, to maybe have a look at it sometime. Then we can persuade the pastor and his wife to pay for half if we pay for half or something =P Anyways, so far it's just been my sister practicing guitar and piano with the songbooks I got...she's learned quite a few of the songs already. So, we'll get there.

As for the interview, I had to tell people that I was zooming in on his bracelet, and not his crotch! I'm serious, my friends bugged me about that, and I was like...noo...it's the bracelet stupids. =P

I like the new name of your blog, btw, it's a perfect name. I also love that song to no end =) I'll catch ya later.