Friday, June 2, 2006

Nowitzki? Nash? DWade? Flip Saunders?

Will Miami make it to the Finals? It is a tough decision, but someone's gotta make it. I need to be practicing for later on when I am real journalist material and will make real predictions that millions of people will listen to! But for the time being, this will have to do.

Since I really want to see Gary Payton, Dwayne Wade, and Shaq either win a ring or contend for one, I will say that Miami wins the Eastern Conference series, but only after Detroit has forced a Game Seven. Everyone knows that Detroit is a better team though. I mean, come on, Miami had a terrible time against the better teams throughout the course of the season. Detroit has shut down for some reason ... partly because Chauncey Billups was actually being a ball hog in one of the games I watched, and also because Rasheed Wallace hasn't shot the ball well. It would be kind of nice to see Miami pull off the series win.

Now ... who wants to see Dallas play in the Finals? Have they ever been to the Finals? I don't believe so. It is incredibly tough to choose which team I'd like to see play in the Finals from the Western Conference, because truthfully I'd love to see them both go on. I've changed my mind a few times already. But you gotta love Dirk Nowitzki. I almost think he should have won the MVP Award. His game has improved tremendously, and he is now a dominant player. For instance, Dallas lost Game Four and Nowitzki didn't play well. He was fantastic in Game Five, and lookie ... Dallas won! The Mavericks would be nowhere without him. I don't even think they would be in the playoffs. Sure, he may be clumsy, but uh ... he got game. Phoenix is such a classic act. I would love to see them play in the Finals. Nash has so much heart. I just hate to see one of these two teams lose. So here we go ... Phoenix is going to win Game Six. Dallas will be playing Game Seven on their homecourt. They are so close to the Finals that they can taste it. Everything this franchise has worked so hard for these past few years can be accomplished this season. The Mavericks are such a deep team now. I think that Phoenix will fall short, but they're tough, so they may pull it off. Same with Detroit ... they are so tough, they just might pull it off. You know that the playoffs are exciting when you're having an extremely hard time with your predictions. I love being a basketball fan.

Okay Z, I know you've got something to say about this, so type away!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left a comment before, but the section only let me use 300 characters or less. I finally found this area, and can finish up.The heart is with Pheonix, the head is with Dallas. I think Pheonix has one more win in them, but the law of averages is against them. They are likely going to go down, although I want them to win.
Detroit, I feel is a victim of their own greatness. Cocky and sure of themselvs, couldn't see how much danger they were in, and now it's too late. Shaq and the boys have the momentum, and are going to carry it into the finals.
Detroit has only themselves to blame. They should have take them more seriously.

rachelle claire said...

Yeah, I just got an e-mail saying that you posted a comment, and I was reading it and the last line said, "Only 300 characters, that sucks." So anyway, I guess that comment is out floating in space somewhere. Yeah, I guess I can't really separate my head from my heart. That is probably my problem. The strange thing is that my heart is both with Dallas and Phoenix. I think I'm kind of pulling for Miami to win the whole thing, even though I really think that the Western Conference champion will win. Yeah, I thought it was pretty dumb when R. Wallace was saying that they would beat Cleveland really fast, and they had to go to Game Seven!
Anyway, I have a feeling that Dallas will win. If you would've asked me if I thought Dallas and Miami would be playing in the Finals for the championship at the beginning of the playoffs, I would've laughed so hard in your face. But lookie, Miami pulled it off, and Dallas sure has a good chance!

Anonymous said...

It's all said and done now
The fat lady has sung, and Miami and Dallas will duel. I want Miami to win. Don't really like the mavs much, but like shaq and d.wade.
OK mrs. future sports writer, Will you use your head or heart to make your next prediction. I say Miami, even if shaq gets into early foul trouble. That's the only thing that may keep them down with the way the big guys has been playing lately.